Entry to the Postgraduate Diploma Advanced Professional Practice course is by audition for instrumentalists, vocalists and conductors, and by interview for composers. Minimum entry requirements usually include a Masters Degree in music performance, opera, composition or conducting from a Conservatoire.
Months of entry
The Postgraduate Diploma Advanced Professional Practice course is an individually tailored, specialist programme for students who are seek a final, additional period of specialist training before entering their chosen area of the profession.
- Advanced principal study tuition from professional musicians
- Mentored individually-tailored programme of study
- Focus on strategy for developing a sustainable professional career
- International masterclass series
- Fully integrated performance programme by international artists
- Wide range of performance opportunities in world-class facilities
- Access to a significant range of work-based training opportunities
- Focus on employability and transferable skills
- Opportunities to study abroad at a partner conservatoire via the ERASMUS Exchange Programme
Information for international students
nternational applicants whose first language is not English will need to gain an IELTS English language qualification. IELTS is the only English language qualification recognised by UK Visas & Immigration. The IELTS test you will need to sit is the IELTS Academic for UKVI and this test must be taken at an Approved Test Centre.
The College regularly holds auditions in Asia and North America and, in some cases, it may be able to accept auditions recordings on DVD from applicants who are unable to attend an audition in person. www.rwcmd.ac.uk/international
Fees and funding
Students can apply for a postgraduate loan and may also be able to apply for financial assistance from a variety of educational charities and trusts.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Admissions Department