You must have one of the following • an honours degree in a biological subject or equivalent • a professional qualification of equal standing to an honours degree, for example MIBiol by examination, FIMLS • other qualifications such as HND, HNC or unclassified degree in a biological subject, plus significant relevant work experience Non-native English speakers need to be proficient in English, typically shown by IELTS level 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in all skills or equivalent. If your English language skill is currently below IELTS 6.0 we recommend you consider a Sheffield Hallam University Pre-sessional English course which will enable you to achieve an equivalent English score.
Months of entry
Gain the advanced skills and knowledge needed to specialise in biotechnology. You study the latest advances and applications of a wide range of technologies for modifying living organisms or their products, in areas such as genetic engineering, production of therapeutic proteins, and cell and tissue culture methodologies.
• Develop your knowledge and skills to enhance your career prospects in biotechnology.
• Experience the latest biotechnology techniques using industry standard equipment.
• Carry out a research project to develop research skills and their application to real world situations.
• Develop attributes and skills valued by employers such as practical skills, problem solving and critical analysis.
Information for international students
Please visit our website at http://www.shu.ac.uk/international
Fees and funding
Scholarships, discounts and bursaries may be available to international students who study this course. Visit http://www.shu.ac.uk/international/scholarships-bursaries to find out more.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Faculty of Health and Wellbeing
- 0114 225 5555
- 0114 225 3066