This course is for you if
• you did not achieve the grades you needed in your first degree for postgraduate study
• your first degree is not business related
• you would like or need to improve your academic English, including academic writing and before you begin postgraduate study
• you would like to or need to improve your academic skills, including research skills and critical analysis
• you are unfamiliar with the UK academic culture and plan to study at postgraduate level
• you have been a long time out of the academic world and would like to study for a postgraduate qualification
These are the minimum standard for entry on to postgraduate business and finance courses.
To study this course, you must have an English language skill of at least IELTS 5.5 with 5.5 minimum score in all skill areas and
• three year diploma in a relevant subject
• two year diploma (or equivalent) with relevant work experience
• five years professional experience
If you do not have such academic qualifications we may consider your application individually, based on your personal, professional and work experience, and other formal qualifications. You may also be able to claim credit points which can reduce the amount of time it takes to complete your qualification at Sheffield Hallam. Find out more.
If you successfully complete this course, we will make you an unconditional offer to study one of our postgraduate courses in
If your English language skill is currently below IELTS 5.5 we recommend you consider a Sheffield Hallam University Pre-sessional English course which will enable you to achieve an equivalent English score in order to progress onto the Graduate Diploma in Business and English. Students who pass a Sheffield Hallam University Pre-sessional English course will receive a 10% discount on the course fee for the Graduate Diploma in Business and English.
Months of entry
This course is for international students seeking to improve study and research skills, academic English and business knowledge, and provides a first step to a masters qualification. Completing the course enables you to study a postgraduate course in business, management, finance or related areas.
Information for international students
Please visit our website at https://www.shu.ac.uk/international
Fees and funding
There is support available to help you afford tuition fees and living costs whilst your study at Hallam. Find out at https://www.shu.ac.uk/study-here/fees-and-funding.
Scholarships, discounts and bursaries may be available to international students who study this course. Visit https://www.shu.ac.uk/international/fees-scholarships-and-discounts to find out more.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time7 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Sheffield Business School
- +44 (0)114 225 5555