UK students Normally one from
- an honours degree (2.2 or above) in a science or engineering subject
- suitable professional qualifications in an engineering field
- a degree in any discipline plus at least one year of relevant experience
- a diploma in a technological area plus at least three years of relevant experience.
Overseas applicants from countries whose first language is not English must normally produce evidence of competence in English. An IELTS score of 6.0 with 5.5 in all skills (or equivalent) is the standard for non-native speakers of English. If your English language skill is currently below an IELTS score of 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in all skills we recommend you consider a Sheffield Hallam University Pre-sessional English course which will enable you to achieve an equivalent English level.
- a first class BE in an relevant discipline, or a good second class BE with a strong performance in mechanical and manufacturing subjects China
- a four year Bachelors degree in an relevant discipline, with an overall average of at least 80 per cent or equivalent other countries
- a good honours degree or equivalent in an relevant subject
Months of entry
Take your knowledge of materials engineering to an advanced level on this masters course. In addition to developing your technical abilities you also develop your managerial skills with modules aimed at helping you develop your career in roles with increased responsibility.
- Develop specialist knowledge and skills in materials engineering.
- Increase your general management ability to help you progress in your career.
- Choose an optional module and develop in a related area that interests you.
- Enjoy the flexibility to study part-time or full-time.
Information for international students
Please visit our website
Fees and funding
Scholarships, discounts and bursaries may be available to international students who study this course.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Faculty of Arts, Computing, Engineering and Science
- 0114 225 5555