You normally need a BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy or an equivalent physiotherapy professional qualification, and at least two years recent postgraduate neuro-musculoskeletal clinical experience as an autonomous physiotherapist. Overseas applicants from countries whose first language is not English need an IELTS score of 6.5 with a minimum of 5.5 in all skills or equivalent. If your English language skill is currently below an IELTS score of 6.5 we recommend you consider a Sheffield Hallam University Pre-sessional English course which will enable you to achieve an equivalent English level.
Months of entry
Study a course that enhances your proficency and effectiveness in neuro-musculoskeletal practice. The course is designed to advance and challenge your clinical, therapeutic and reasoning skills. You develop your skills in communication and leadership to bring about more evidence based, efficient and effective services. This enables you to engage in debate with other therapists and empowers you to deliver improved services and patient care.
• Take optional modules to develop leadership skills, teaching skills and improve therapy services
• Develop advanced skills in clinical reasoning, manual handling, critical evaluation and reflective practice.
• Learn through practical sessions delivered by expert musculoskeletal physiotherapists
• Take an optional clinical placement which meets the educational requirements for MACP registration (subject to approval).
Information for international students
Please visit our website at http://www.shu.ac.uk/international
Fees and funding
Scholarships, discounts and bursaries may be available to international students who study this course. Visit http://www.shu.ac.uk/international/scholarships-bursaries to find out more.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Faculty of Health and Wellbeing
- +44 (0)114 225 5555