You typically need • a good level of general education with good analytical skills • a degree 2.2 or above in computing or a closely-related discipline • Cisco CCNA certification or equivalent networking experience You will also be considered for entry if you do not have the standard entry qualifications, but can provide evidence of necessary knowledge and skills to successfully enter and complete the course. You may be asked to attend an interview. Overseas applicants from countries whose first language is not English must normally produce evidence of competence in English. An IELTS score of 6.0 with 5.5 in all skills (or equivalent) is the standard for non-native speakers of English. If your English language skill is currently below an IELTS score of 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in all skills we recommend you consider a Sheffield Hallam University Pre-sessional English course which will enable you to achieve an equivalent English level. International and European entry qualifications If you are an International or non-UK European student, you can find out more about the country specific qualifications we accept on our international qualifications page.
Months of entry
This course is ideal if you have a passion for the high-end technologies of enterprise networks and your work demands rigorous understanding of complex networking scenarios. You gain the skills to design, implement, and troubleshoot enterprise networks. You tackle Cisco certifications while at the same time developing your career with a masters degree.
- Study in a Cisco academy providing preparation for the Cisco CCNP route and switch certification track.
- Develop technology-based practices using a systematic ITIL compliant approach to performing network troubleshooting.
- Design and build solutions in networking labs comprehensively equipped with the latest Cisco switching, routing and security devices.
- Put your advanced networking skills to the test working on a project with local employers.
Information for international students
Please visit our website
Fees and funding
Scholarships, discounts and bursaries may be available to international students who study this course.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Faculty of Arts, Computing, Engineering and Sciences
- +44 (0)114 225 5555