Typically an English undergraduate degree of 2.1 or higher. Those with related undergraduate degrees of 2.1 or higher are considered on individual merit. A research proposal needs to be submitted. Please contact the course leader for guidance on writing research proposals in the first instance: Dr Ana Maria Sanchez-Arce firstname.lastname@example.org If English is not your first language you typically need a minimum IELTS score of 7.0 and to submit a sample of written, critical work. International and European entry qualifications If you are an International or non-UK European student, you can find out more about the country specific qualifications we accept on our international qualifications page.
Months of entry
Complete this student driven master’s course to prepare for PhD level study or to gain English studies research skills and knowledge for professional development. Supported by expert scholars and researchers, this course enables you to research an aspect of English literature and become a specialist in your area.
• Complete a major project of your choice in any aspect of English literature, language, linguistics or critical theory.
• Gain a detailed understanding and practical experience of research methods and approaches.
• Work closely with internationally-recognised scholars and researchers who are experts in their fields.
• Join a highly flexible course with individually tailored supervision sessions.
Information for international students
Please visit our website at http://www.shu.ac.uk/international
Fees and funding
Scholarships, discounts and bursaries may be available to international students who study this course. Visit http://www.shu.ac.uk/international/scholarships-bursaries to find out more.
Qualification and course duration
MA by research
Course contact details
- Faculty of Development and Society
- +44 (0)114 225 5555