Normally an honours degree or equivalent in a suitable subject. If you have suitable qualifications or experience you may be exempt from some modules. International students must have an overall IELTS score of 6.5 as well as 6.5 in writing skills.
Months of entry
Study on a course designed for social sciences graduates who plan to work in or complete research in social policy and sociology. The fundamental research methodologies you learn give you the skills you need to develop or start your career as a researcher in this area. Our staff offer a wide range of research specialisms for you to benefit from.
• Develop specialist skills as a researcher in sociology, planning and policy.
• Benefit from a wide range of academic specialisms.
• Learn a number of important of research methodologies including biographical research, case study and ethnography.
• Take individual modules as short courses or combine them towards a PgDip/PgCert.
Information for international students
Please visit our website at http://www.shu.ac.uk/international
Fees and funding
Scholarships, discounts and bursaries may be available to international students who study this course. Visit http://www.shu.ac.uk/international/scholarships-bursaries to find out more.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Faculty of Development and Society
- 0114 225 5555
- 0114 225 2430