This course has been designed for coaches who have experience of sport coaching and can demonstrate a desire to further develop as a critically-reflective, autonomous practitioner. The course is selective and welcomes applications from coaches who are graduates with a 2.1 or above.
If you don't have a degree, we will consider you if you can evidence a minimum of five years' experience of working in a performance coaching environment.
A NGB approved level three coaching qualification or international equivalent coaching qualification.
Where candidates lack experience, evidence of continual professional development in coaching or equivalent levels of study in coaching will be sought for example, UK Sport, Sports Coach UK performance workshops.
You need to attend an interview to determine your suitability to study at masters level.
Months of entry
- Utilise and apply cutting edge research and technologies to shape and inform your advancing sport coaching practice.
- Learn to develop your sport coaching practice to meet the expected competencies of the UKCC Level 4 master coach, working within performance coaching.
- Gain the knowledge, skills and attributes to further enhance your professional career in sport context.
If you are an experienced high performing coach working with children or adults and want to develop your expertise, or performance coach working with talent, this course enables you to further develop and apply your knowledge, skills and competencies in your sport coaching environment.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time36 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Faculty of Health and Wellbeing
- +44 (0)114 225 5555