Minimum upper second class honours degree (or equivalent).
Months of entry
The MA Korean Studies (Literature Pathway) aims to:
- provide extensive, critical knowledge of pre-modern and modern Korean literary traditions;
- develop advanced competency in reading and understanding literary works in Korean, and literary translation skills into English;
- develop advanced skills in research, analysis, and critical method in the study of Korean literature, with consideration to socio-historical context and comparative approaches;
- serve as a foundation for students who wish to pursue further research or work in the fields of literary translation, writing and publishing.
The programme suits anyone interested in the literary cultures of Korea, as well as students of literature with no prior knowledge of Korean literature who are looking for new areas of inquiry.
Incoming students will be expected to have completed at least the equivalent of two years of undergraduate Korean language study.
The programme will benefit anyone wishing to pursue a research degree (MPhil/PhD) afterwards. It also provides a solid basis for anyone wishing to pursue a career in literary translation or publishing.
Information for international students
Information, including English language requirements, can be found here: https://www.soas.ac.uk/admissions/international/
Fees and funding
Please check https://www.soas.ac.uk/registry/funding/ for details.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Student Recruitment Office
- +44 (0)20 7898 4700