To be eligble to study the PgCert in the Interpretation and Clinical Application of Genomic Data you must meet our entry requirements.
Entrants to this course must hold a national training number (NTN) in clinical genetics.
Months of entry
The Postgraduate Certificate in the Interpretation and Clinical Application of Genomic Data for Clinical Geneticists in training is a flagship NHS and St George's University of London partnership delivering bespoke education and training, recognising the unique needs of an expert workforce in the genomics era.
The programme consists of four modules which are firmly embedded in the Clinical Genetics training pathway; utilising but restructuring training, so that it runs in parallel with full time clinical duties and embeds academic teaching with clinical application. The course will enable you to feel proficient in the interpretation of genomic data, and confident in making clinical management decisions on the basis of your interpretation. It will also provide you with the knowledge, skills and attitudes to disseminate your expert knowledge through the wider medical workforce.
- Bespoke training for clinical geneticists
- Teaching runs in parallel with full time clinical duties and embeds academic teaching with clinical application
- Course is part of package of genomic educational initiatives run through the University
- St George’s clinical research ranked 4th for impact
- St George’s scored 92% overall student satisfaction in Postgraduate Taught Experience Survey 2014
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries