Applicants must submit an online application with the following materials:
- Evidence of a Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- A record of scholarly achievement which is evidenced by a minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0/4.0
- Two letters of recommendation attesting to the applicant’s ability to achieve academic success at the graduate level of study
- A thoughtful, well-written essay of approximately 300 words describing the applicant’s reasons for seeking this graduate degree
Months of entry
Terrorism, new technologies, and increasingly sophisticated international crime organizations have led to dramatic changes in Homeland Security and Criminal Justice Leadership. Some of these changes include:
- The formation of the multi-agency U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- The creation of new partnerships between public and private organizations
- The need to create and implement innovative strategies and tactics to deal with new and traditional criminal enterprises, including intelligence-driven policing models
These realities demand a new generation of highly educated leaders in criminal justice, homeland security, corporate security and other public sector entities. You can gain the knowledge, skills, and credentials to join this elite company through the Master of Professional Studies Program in Homeland Security and Criminal Justice Leadership (MPS) at St. John’s University.
Offered through St. John’s College of Professional Studies, this innovative 36-credit program is designed to prepare students to meet the emerging leadership challenges in Homeland Security and Criminal Justice Administration.
The thematic core of the graduate program addresses the study of leadership in all the components of Homeland Security and Criminal Justice, including the Police Service, Courts and Corrections. Courses address the multifaceted challenges leaders face in these agencies. The study of ethical leadership principles pervades the entire curriculum and is the thematic link that provides the graduate program with its unique analytical approach to organizational decision-making.
The degree conforms to St. John’s University’s long-established excellence in education by linking theory with professional practice. This integrative approach gives practitioners the knowledge and skills needed for leadership positions in Homeland Security and Criminal Justice Leadership.
The program is offered on both the Queens and Staten Island campuses and at our Long Island Graduate Center. Additionally, the University is exploring several off-campus sites, including various law enforcement academies.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Robert Medrano