To apply for the Master of Science program in Biology, you must present:
- Official transcripts reflecting all undergraduate (and any previous graduate) work.
- Evidence of successful completion of a bachelor’s degree, with an overall cumulative index of 3.0 and a 3.0 or higher average in biological sciences.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- Satisfactory GRE scores.
Months of entry
The Master of Science program in Biology at St. John’s University delivers comprehensive knowledge of biological sciences, with an emphasis on cell and molecular biology. You will have the opportunity to participate in research under the direct supervision of our accomplished and internationally-known faculty. Research in the department covers many areas of biology, including: cancer biology; neuroscience; epigenetics; evolutionary and developmental biology; and plant and environmental sciences. The Department of Biological Sciences also offers weekly seminar series, allowing you to meet and learn from experts in top research institutions.
Graduates with an M.S. in Biology from St. John’s go on to exciting careers performing pharmaceutical, clinical, or biotechnological research at various public and private institutions. Some enter Ph.D. programs at top-tier research universities such as Columbia, Princeton, and Cornell. Others go on to medical and dental schools such as Columbia, Cornell, the University of Pennsylvania, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, and SUNY-Stony Brook.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Director of Graduate Studies