- Possess a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university
- Have a minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0
- Submit official transcripts of all undergraduate and previous graduate coursework
- Have completed an Introduction to Psychology course and a course in statistics
- Submit three letters of recommendation, one of which must be from an individual who will address the applicant’s research potential
- Submit a laboratory/research paper as well as a term paper
- Provide a clearly written statement of educational and professional goals
Months of entry
The M.A. in Psychology at St. John's University provides students with a broad background of psychological knowledge and tools as preparation for more advanced work in the field. The program is heavily research-oriented providing you with a solid foundation to pursue many other fields of inquiry.
Courses for the M.A. are offered in the evening, allowing for part-time attendance toward completion of the degree with a minimum of six credits per semester. Graduate assistantships are available on a competitive basis.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time24 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Robert Medrano