An undergraduate degree with at least 2:2 honours degree (or equivalent).
Months of entry
A marketing job is one of the most exciting and challenging jobs you can have. Once you have decided that you are interested in marketing this degree will prepare you for it (particularly if you have done a degree in another subject).
It is also an ideal degree if you have already started your career - whether as a marketer or not - and want to learn more about marketing strategies, models and techniques, and how marketing managers use them to get results.
Studying this programme will prepare you for a great career in marketing. It’s our job at St Mary’s to prepare you to be an outstanding marketer, by helping you learn a wide range of marketing concepts and ideas and how to apply them in real-world scenarios. Above all, it is our job to prepare you in a practical way, helping you to make a smooth transition from studying with us to working in marketing.
This degree has been designed by top marketing practitioners and academics, taking into account what employers need from new marketing recruits. Employers want young marketers who can:
- Apply marketing ideas and theories in practical situations – whether during the planning or implementation processes
- Use the latest developments in technology to plan and deliver marketing strategies
- Understand how ethical principles must be applied in marketing to achieve the best professional management and ethical standards
- Manage the numbers by understanding how to quantify marketing plans, targets and achievements
- Know how to build on their strengths and manage their weaknesses
- Show independence and creativity in identifying and solving problems
- Continue learning throughout their careers
- Manage people well and communicate with colleagues clearly and concisely
You will learn to do all these things on this Marketing MSc degree programme.
Information for international students
International students should check our country-specific pages for equivalents. If English is not your first language you will need to achieve an IELTS score of 6.0 overall with no less than 5.5 in any section (or equivalent).
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Prof Merlin Stone
- 020 8240 4062