Normal requirements are at least a UK second class honours degree or equivalent in a related computing discipline.
If you do not meet the above but have significant appropriate experience, your application will be considered, provided that you satisfy the University that you are capable of responding to the challenge of postgraduate work.
Months of entry
- Develop masters-level knowledge and skills in the theories, principles, practices and technologies of cyber security in context of employer-driven needs, emerging markets, and contemporary subject areas within the discipline.
- Develop a sound and critical understanding of the different Cyber Operations.
- Research, develop, apply and evaluate approaches and technologies in cyber security in context of real-world scenarios.
- Develop and strengthen critical analysis, independent scholarship, and intellectual empowerment through a structured research-informed programme of studies.
- Develop effective communication skills of value to academic, technical and professional environments.
- BCS accredited
The award will provide the knowledge of the latest cyber security principles, practices, tools and techniques, taught by a team of specialist staff in purpose-built cyber security laboratories. Graduates will be Cyber-operators, able to use ‘information’ as a defensive or offensive weapon.
Today, Cyber-Operators are required to have an ‘enriched’ background drawing elements of practical experience from fields as diverse as sociology, psychology, networks and network security, computer science and computer security, information management and information security, software engineering and reverse engineering, and of course, the law.
We have a diverse number of placements with companies from the security industry, high tech crime units and government organisations.
Information for international students
If your first language is not English, you will need to demonstrate that you are fluent enough to cope with the course. A minimum score of IELTS 6 or TOEFL 550 (213 computer-based) is normally required.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Enquiries Team
- +44 (0) 1782 294 400