- To apply for the course you will need a minimum 2:2 honours degree in an appropriate subject.
- Mathematics, English and Science GCSE grade C qualifications.
- A good general education.
- QTS tests in Numeracy and Literacy must be passed before commencement of the course. Ideally these should be taken either before interview or within 6 weeks of an offer.
- You will also need to demonstrate a good understanding of the education system gained from work or placement in schools or experience of working with primary school aged pupils.
- You will be required to successfully complete a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) application and be certified fit to teach.
- You must be ICT literate.
- We recommend you submit a well considered personal statement on the UCAS application form as this is a key part of the short listing process.
Months of entry
This course is designed to allow graduates to train at postgraduate level and develop the skills to become a physical education school teacher.
You will leave this Teacher Training course with a PGCE qualification. This can be awarded at 3 levels dependent upon performance during the training year, either 30 (Professional) or 60 or 90 (Postgraduate) level 7 credits, in addition to Qualified Teacher Status (QTS), the required qualification to teach in England.
The course aims to develop your professional competencies in the creation and delivery of programmes in primary education with an additional focus on the provision of Physical Education, and to develop the wider professional knowledge and skills expected of a qualified teacher.
This is a 36 week course. The equivalent of 24 weeks (120 days) is spent in 2 carefully selected placement schools and 12 weeks in the university.
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Enquiries Team
- +44 (0) 1782 294 400