Normal requirements are at least a UK second class honours degree or equivalent in a non-computing discipline. If you do not meet the above but have significant appropriate experience, your application will be considered, provided that you satisfy the University that you are capable of responding to the challenge of postgraduate work. If your first language is not English, you will need to demonstrate that you are fluent enough to cope with the course. A minimum score of IELTS 6 or TOEFL 550 (213 computer-based) is normally required.
Months of entry
Designed for non-computing graduates. Build your existing graduate skills.
This computing course provides the option of an industry placement for a year. If you are already in employment then your dissertation can consiste of research in to an issue relevant in your work place.
Year 1 (indicative structure) based on 2 12 week modules studied per semester via distance learning.
- Computing Skills (2 week preliminary module in Sept.) via distance learning.
- Principles of Software Engineering (PSE)
- The Management of Database Environments (MDE)
- Computer Systems Architecture (CSA)
- Systems Analysis and Design (SAD)
Year 2 (indicative structure) based on 2 12 week modules studied per semester via distance learning.
Three Option modules taken from the following list:
- Perspectives in Information Technology Security
- Object Oriented Software Systems Development
- Management of Business and IT
- Management of Database Environments
- Java for Enterprise Applications
- Electronic Commerce
- Design of Enterprise Communications Systems
- Business Process Re-engineering with IT
- Personal Development and Research Methods (PDRM)
Want the latest module and fee information?
Talk to the expert
Jonathan Westlake is a Senior Lecturer in the School of Computing. You can talk with Jonathan at a Computing Open Evening held throughout each semester. You can have a 15 to 30 minute appointment directly with Jonathan. These sessions can be conducted via Skype or equivalent. To arrange a session with Jonathan, you can email him at firstname.lastname@example.org or send a Skype contact invitation to jcwestlake .
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Enquiries Team
- +44 (0) 1782 294 400