You should hold or expect to achieve a minimum of an upper second class honours degree (2:1), or equivalent, in a related subject or hold relevant work experience. English language requirement IELTS 6.5 (minimum of 5.5 in each component) or Swansea University recognised equivalent.
Months of entry
January, October, July, April
A research degree in Media Studies gives you the chance to pursue a project based around your own passions and interests, leading to a qualification which can open the door to an academic career or boost employment prospects outside academia (in the private sector, the Civil Service, or education).
The department has expertise in a number of areas:
• Film studies, in particular European Cinema and Hollywood;
• Global media and international communication;
• Digital media and social activism;
• Migration and communication;
• Digital media and the history and philosophy of technology;
• Baudrillard and postmodernism;
• McLuhan and the Toronto School.
Information for international students
Since its foundation in 1920, Swansea University has embraced opportunities to think globally. The vibrant mix of nationalities and cultures on campus greatly enriches our learning and teaching environment. We understand the type of support our international students need to help them settle into student life in a new country.
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
MA by research
Course contact details
- College of Arts and Humanities
- +44 (0)1792 295190