A first degree, normally in Translation, a Language or a related subject, normally an upper second or above (or equivalent). As an alternative, we can accept a minimum of two years of relevant professional experience. Overseas students must be able to demonstrate English language competence at IELTS 6.5. level (or equivalent).
Months of entry
Take advantage of one of our 100 Master’s Scholarships to study at Swansea University, the Times Good University Guide’s Welsh University of the Year 2017. Postgraduate loans are also available to English and Welsh domiciled students. For more information on fees and funding please visit our website.
The MA in Translation and Interpreting is a specialised variant, emphasising interpreting skills, of our established MA in Professional Translation.
• 240 credit (120 ECTS), Bologna-compliant programme
• 15-21 months f/t, 4 yrs p/t
• Year 2 can be study abroad
- Advanced Translation in 1 or 2 language pairs
- European-recognised training in Computer-Assisted Translation (CAT) tools
- Public Service Interpreting (Local Government, Health, Police and Court).
- Further technologies, terminology, multimedia, new/intermediate language.
Part 2 options include internship and year abroad.
Language pairs (subject to demand):
- From English into: Arabic, Chinese (Mandarin), French, German, Italian, Spanish, Welsh
- Into English from: French, German, Italian, Spanish, Welsh
Information for international students
Since its foundation in 1920, Swansea University has embraced opportunities to think globally. The vibrant mix of nationalities and cultures on campus greatly enriches our learning and teaching environment. We understand the type of support our international students need to help them settle into student life in a new country.
Fees and funding
You may be eligible for funding to help support your study. To find out more about scholarships, bursaries and other funding opportunities that are available please visit the University's scholarships and bursaries page: www.swansea.ac.uk/postgraduate/scholarships
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- College of Arts and Humanities
- +44 (0)1792 606752