An EngD at Swansea University is suitable for graduates with an Engineering or relevant Physical Sciences degree with a minimum level of 2:1, or with a relevant Masters level qualification.
Months of entry
January, October, July, April
Swansea is recognised as one of the UK’s leading universities for engineering.
We continue to be recognised for our excellence in research through the funding grants awarded to the College. We have received £100 million of research funding since 2008.
The EngD is a flagship project of the Engineering Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC), which part-funds our EngD programmes. You will also benefit from:
• Extending your knowledge and skills to become a future leader in industry
• Enhancing your career opportunities and prospects
• Gaining experience using the latest techniques through your own research project
• Developing your expertise through a range of taught modules
• Joining a network of fellow research engineers and industry contacts
Information for international students
Since its foundation in 1920, Swansea University has embraced opportunities to think globally. The vibrant mix of nationalities and cultures on campus greatly enriches our learning and teaching environment. We understand the type of support our international students need to help them settle into student life in a new country.
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- College of Engineering
- +44 (0)1792 295514