The entry requirements is a first or upper second class honours degree in Engineering or similar relevant science discipline. English language requirement IELTS 6.5 (with a minimum of 5.5 in each component) or Swansea University recognised equivalent.
Months of entry
January, October, July, April
Take advantage of one of our 100 Master’s Scholarships to study at Swansea University, the Times Good University Guide’s Welsh University of the Year 2017. Postgraduate loans are also available to English and Welsh domiciled students. For more information on fees and funding please visit our website.
At Swansea University, the emphasis of our nanotechnology research is on the development of applications-driven research and the transfer of technology from the laboratory to the workplace or health centre.
Interaction with industry is a key component of the centre’s strategy. We are a world-leader in power electronics, telecommunications, nanotechnology and biometrics and modelling of nanoelectronic devices research.
Recent PhD theses supervised in the area of Nanotechnology at Swansea University include:
- The application of semiconductor technology for effective single cell studies
- Cellular uptake and trafficking of nanoparticles
- Micro and Nano particle drug delivery systems
- ''Practical network coding schemes for energy efficient long term evolution radio access networks''
- Synthesis, characterization and modelling of nanoelectromechanical systems
- Analysis of clinical flow cytometry data using systems approaches
- Advanced flow cytometry for cell population analysis
- Study of the uptake of nanoparticles by cells
- Nanoplasmonics biosensing based on dipole nanoantenna
Information for international students
Since its foundation in 1920, Swansea University has embraced opportunities to think globally. The vibrant mix of nationalities and cultures on campus greatly enriches our learning and teaching environment. We understand the type of support our international students need to help them settle into student life in a new country.
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
MSc by research
Course contact details
- College of Engineering
- +44 (0)1792 295514