Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
Applications are welcome if you:
- hold a relevant professional qualification
- work in an area where a clinical need is identified
- have at least 3 years post registration experience in their specialist clinical area with frequent exposure to blood component transfusion
- may possibly be working as an advanced practitioner as part of a non-medical rota and have identified a gap in practice or the service
- are able to attend 12 study days
Please visit our website for more information.
Months of entry
Designed for non-medical healthcare practitioners, our innovative PGCert Blood Component Transfusion will equip you with the skills and knowledge to make the clinical decision and provide the written instruction for blood component transfusion to patients within your clinical specialty.
We have developed this work-based, accredited course in conjunction with the Welsh Blood Service on behalf of the Welsh Government to support the All Wales Policy for non-medical authorisation of blood component transfusion.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Swansea University Postgraduate
- +44 (0)1792 295358