You can apply for this course if you:
- have a prescribing budget in place
- meet specific entry requirements set by Healthcare Professions Council (see below)
- be approved by Health Board Prescribing Lead and Clinical Manager
- hold a current criminal identity check to meet specific requirements of their professional body
- have identified an appropriately qualified designated medical practitioner
- demonstrate ability to study at academic Level 7
- recognition of previous learning is not applicable for this programme. Part accreditation of a module, regardless of previous learning or experience, isn't possible
The Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) have no specific requirements for allied health professionals (AHPs) but they must be suitably experienced and established in the role in which they wish to prescribe.
Months of entry
Gain the knowledge and skills you need to prescribe safely and appropriately within your area of practice with our PGCert Non-Medical Prescribing for Allied Health Professionals.
This one-year course will equip you with the competency to practise within current legislation as an independent or supplementary non-medical prescriber.
This course is not available to international students.
Information for international students
This course is not available for international students.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Swansea University Postgraduate
- +44 (0)1792 295358