Applicants for the LLM by Research programme would normally have a first or upper second degree in a discipline related to the proposed research project.
Applicants for the PhD programme would normally have, or be studying for a Master’s degree, while our MPhil programme requires a first or upper second degree in a discipline related to the proposed research project, or a relevant, approved postgraduate qualification. In some cases, there may be opportunities for MPhil students to continue their studies as a PhD student.
English language requirement IELTS 6.5 (with a minimum of 6.5 in each component) or Swansea University recognised equivalent.
Months of entry
January, October, July, April
The academic expertise in the School is wide-ranging and we invite applications in the following areas:
- Common, contract and commercial law (in particular, comparative law of obligations, securities, company law, IP Law and use of IP assets in securing funding for small and medium sized businesses, E-contract law, company law, equity law, law and technology; and world trade law.)
- Maritime law (in particular transport law, environmental protection, ship building, collisions, law of the sea, marine insurance, salvage and enforcement of maritime claims);
- Oil and gas law (in particular investment treaties, liability regimes and investment arbitration)
- Public law across domestic, regional and international levels including: administrative law; medical law, children’s rights; constitutional law; devolution; economic law; environmental law (including land-use planning and nature conservation); European Union law; gender and the law; human rights law; investment law; minority language rights; multilevel governance; socio-economic law; and public procurement law.
- Criminal law and the law relating to terrorism, cyber terrorism and counter terrorism
Information for international students
Since its foundation in 1920, Swansea University has embraced opportunities to think globally. The vibrant mix of nationalities and cultures on campus greatly enriches our learning and teaching environment. We understand the type of support our international students need to help them settle into student life in a new country.
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
LLM by research
Course contact details
- Swansea University Postgraduate
- +44 (0)1792 295358