The typical entry requirement is a first degree in English or a relevant discipline, normally an upper second or above or equivalent. Overseas students are expected to possess an IELTS score of 6.5.
Months of entry
The MA in English Literature offers an exciting array of modules from the traditional core of English studies in the context of contemporary approaches to the subject. This course allows you to range widely across English studies rather than confine yourself to a narrow field and draws on the individual research expertise of members of staff.
Modules typically include:
- Being Greek under Rome: Greek literature and culture in the Imperial Period
- Dylan Thomas and the Idea of Welsh Writing in English
- Locating Wales: Comparative Perspectives
- Women Writing Modern Wales
- Welsh Identities: Literature and Nationhood
Information for international students
Since its foundation in 1920, Swansea University has embraced opportunities to think globally. The vibrant mix of nationalities and cultures on campus greatly enriches our learning and teaching environment. We understand the type of support our international students need to help them settle into student life in a new country.
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- College of Arts and Humanities
- +44 (0)1792 606752