We normally require a minimum of an upper second class Honours degree or equivalent in geography or a related field.
IELTS 6.5 (with a minimum of 6.0 in each component) or equivalent.
Months of entry
January, October, July, April
Swansea is a research-led University and the Department makes a significant contribution, meaning that as a Postgraduate Geography Student you will benefit from the knowledge and skills of internationally renowned academics.
In the latest Research Assessment Exercise, 95% of Geography research at Swansea was judged to be of international quality, and 60% was regarded as World-leading or internationally excellent.
The Department’s research groups are involved in a number of projects including:
- Advancing application of stable isotopes in tree rings as indicators of climate/environmental change
- Quantification of the past and future contribution of glaciers and ice sheets to Sea level rise
- Understanding the response of the biosphere to variations in climate
- Understanding international migration patterns and processes associated with both forced migration and labour migration and ‘mixed flows’
- Cities and Urban Theory - with a focus on the interface between Human Geography and Continental Philosophy, especially with respect to deconstruction, structuralism and poststructuralism
Information for international students
Since its foundation in 1920, Swansea University has embraced opportunities to think globally. The vibrant mix of nationalities and cultures on campus greatly enriches our learning and teaching environment. We understand the type of support our international students need to help them settle into student life in a new country.
Fees and funding
You may be eligible for funding to help support your study. To find out more about scholarships, bursaries and other funding opportunities that are available please visit the University's scholarships and bursaries page: www.swansea.ac.uk/postgraduate/scholarships
Qualification and course duration
MSc by research
Course contact details
- Swansea University Postgraduate
- +44 (0)1792 295358