We normally require a minimum of an upper second class Honours degree or equivalent in physics or a related field. English language requirement IELTS 6.5 (with a minimum of 5.5 in each component) or Swansea University recognised equivalent.
Months of entry
January, October, July, April
The Physics department is always keen to attract high-quality postgraduate students to join our research groups.
The two main research groups within the Department of Physics currently focus on the following areas of research:
Atomic, Molecular and Quantum Physics Group
- Fundamental Atomic Physics
- Condensed Matter and Material Physics
- Analytical Laser Spectroscopy
Particle Physics Theory Group
- String theory, quantum gravity and the AdS/CFT correspondence
- Lattice gauge theories, QCD
- Supersymmetric field theory, perturbative gauge theory
- Field Theory in curved spacetime
- Physics beyond the standard model
Information for international students
Since its foundation in 1920, Swansea University has embraced opportunities to think globally. The vibrant mix of nationalities and cultures on campus greatly enriches our learning and teaching environment. We understand the type of support our international students need to help them settle into student life in a new country.
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
MSc by research
Course contact details
- Physics Admissions Tutor
- +44 (0)1792 295720