Applicants must either: Have an appropriate degree or its equivalent from an approved institution (preferably 2:2 or above) and evidence of recent academic study; A professional qualification and a minimum of two year’s relevant work experience and responsibilities considered by the University to be acceptable for the purposes of postgraduate admission.
Months of entry
Take advantage of one of our 100 Master’s Scholarships to study at Swansea University, the Times Good University Guide’s Welsh University of the Year 2017. Postgraduate loans are also available to English and Welsh domiciled students. For more information on fees and funding please visit our website.
This course has been designed specifically to meet the needs to the healthcare professional engaged in education in the clinical and/or academic setting.
The Education for the Health Professions Programme will enable the student to develop an in-depth understanding of educational principles and values so as to develop their expertise in teaching, assessing and supervision in clinical and academic settings.
It aims to:
- develop an in-depth understanding of educational issues, principles and values so as to develop expertise in teaching, assessing and supervision
- develop the core skills of critical analysis, evaluation, synthesis, creative and reflective thinking
- conduct research into their own educational practice
- promote inter-professional collaboration and understanding across a range of health; professions in relation to the practice of education
- develop their ability to design and adapt their teaching and assessing to maximise the learning potential inherent in the range of settings in which they teach and develop their ability to research their practice as educators
Information for international students
Since its foundation in 1920, Swansea University has embraced opportunities to think globally. The vibrant mix of nationalities and cultures on campus greatly enriches our learning and teaching environment. We understand the type of support our international students need to help them settle into student life in a new country.
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Beryl Mansel
- +44 (0)1792 295805