- Requires a minimum of 50 hours per year of the course
- Requires a subject specific mentor throughout the duration of the qualification (who holds a teaching qualification)
- Three forms of original identification, including one photographic form. If you have changed your name please ensure you attend the interview with any appropriate certificates (e.g. deed poll or marriage certificate)
- Two references (these can be open references stating your suitability for joining the PGCE) to include one from your current employer.
- Original Certificates PLUS Photocopies/ scans. This MUST include Maths and English at Level 2 (GCSE or equivalent) and a minimum Level 3 certificate.
- A current DBS certificate
- An interview.
Months of entry
Professional Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE/PgCe)
Professional Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) and the Post Graduate Certificate in Education (with 3, Level 7, Masters levels in year 2) enables you to qualify to teach the Education and Skills/ post-compulsory sector and iis for teachers/lecturers/trainers already working in this sector (or are able to secure a placement). The course informs and consolidates professional practice in teaching mature and young adults. A variety of assessment methods are used and students will be expected to keep a reflective diary, take part in action and practitioner research, write essays, give presentations based on research findings and be observed when teaching.
Delivered at Swindon College North Star campus on behalf of Oxford Brookes University
• Two year part time course
• Level 6 (Level 7 in year 2 by discussion)
• Term time only
• 100% Portfolio based using a variety of assessment methods
Current Course Content:
- Continuing personal and professional development
- Curriculum development and inclusive practice
- Widening professional practice
- Practitioner research
- Introduction to teaching in the lifelong learning sector curriculum and assignment for and of learning
- Theories and principles of planning and enabling learning
- Embedding literacy, language and numeracy within your specialist subject
- Curriculum and assessment for and of Learning.
On gaining the PGCE, individuals are qualified to teach across the Sector which includes:
Further education, higher education, the health service, adult and community education, prison education, the armed forces or private training providers
Information for international students
If English is not your first language, evidence of IELTS at Level 6.5 in all 4 language skills. •If you are not a British or EU passport holder, a copy of a Home Office letter indicating that you have permission to study/ indefinite leave to remain in the UK.
Fees and funding
Loans are available through Student Finance England. See: https://www.gov.uk/student-finance for further information. You can also contact email@example.com if you have any queries with applying for loans.
Qualification and course duration
|Assessment||What kind of work will I be doing? (proportionally)|
|Written coursework / continuous assessment||120|
Course contact details
- Mary Kitchener