Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
About Swiss Education Group
We are your Swiss Alliance of hospitality management schools - a hospitality career and beyond
A hospitality career can take you anywhere in the world. Apart from traveling, enjoy a stimulating international work environment, lots of social contact and discover different cultures and ways of life.
Swiss Education Group is an alliance of 5 private hospitality management schools based across six beautifully located campuses throughout Switzerland, with up to 15 different postgraduate offers (diploma and master level) offered at five of our Swiss campuses
We have over 6,000 students from 111 countries within our current student body, enjoying a truly international experience.
Hospitality Schools & Programmes
- César Ritz Colleges Switzerland (i-graduate Ranked #2 Overall Worldwide)
- Campuses in Le Bouveret, Lucerne, Brig
- BA Hospitality Business Management
- MA Entrepreneurship for the Global Hospitality and Tourism Industry
Culinary Arts Academy Switzerland
With two campuses, one in the historic centre of Lucerne and the other lakeside at Le Bouveret, Culinary Arts Academy Switzerland offers an innovative educational experience. Equipped with state-of-the-art kitchens and benefitting from multiple professional partnerships with industry pioneers, your time with us is a unique opportunity not to be missed!
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Culinary Arts
- Swiss Grand Diploma in Culinary Arts
- Swiss Grand Diploma in Pastry and Chocolate
Hotel Institute Montreux – “The Business of Hospitality”
Experience a blend of traditional Swiss hospitality education and contemporary American business studies. Final stage specialization options in close partnership with prominent global industry leaders in business and management give students enlightening insights into the international business world.
Bachelor of Business Administration in Hospitality Management (with Specialization)
MA International Business in Hospitality Management
Swiss Hotel Management School
i-graduate 2019 Ranking No.1 in multiple categories
Housed in former traditional Swiss Palace hotels, Swiss Hotel Management School is focused on "Learning By Doing". Lavish banqueting halls, a grand theatre, fully equipped wet and dry spas and multiple restaurants combined with courses offered in partnership with our UK university partner enables a fully encompassing hospitality operations education.
Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in International Hospitality Management / and Events Management
- Postgraduate Diploma & MIB Masters In Business in Hotel, Resort & Wellness Management
- Masters of Arts in International Hotel Management Business
- Master of Science in International Hospitality Management
IHTTI School of Hotel Management
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in International Hospitality and Design Management
- Master of International Business in Hotel & Design Management
Discover our selection of hospitality and culinary schools based across six beautiful campuses in Switzerland, which each have partnerships with some of the most prestigious names in the industry. We have a wide variety of courses on offer alongside our Bachelor and Master programmes, including Junior Summer Camps for 14+ and Professional Courses
Teaming up with US and UK universities
Through a network of international academic partners, we provide internationally accredited university qualifications at each of our schools:
Swiss Education Group is an approved partner of the University of Derby : the University of Derby is a Top 50 UK university* and provides students with the best possible start in their careers through excellent teaching, delivered in cutting-edge facilities by staff who are experts in their field. 96% of University of Derby students are in work or further study within six months of completing their degree**
** HES 2016, graduating class over 2000
Swiss Hotel Management School is a member of the following associations
- American Hotel & Lodging Association (AH&LA)
- International CHRIE – Council on Hotel, Restaurant and Institutional Education
- EURO-CHRIE – European Chapter of Council of Hotel Restaurant & Institutional Educators
- EUHOFA International – Association of hotel school directors and deans of hospitality colleges and universities
- Institute of Hospitality, UK
- Swiss Federation of Private Schools (SFPS)
- Swiss Private School Register
- Lake Geneva Swiss Private Schools – AVDEP
Swiss Education Group schools are recognised and certified by:
PG subjects available
- Postgraduate Diploma in International Hotel Operations Management
- Postgraduate Diploma in International Hotel & Events Management
- Master of International Business in Hotel & Design Management
- Master of International Business in Hospitality with specialisation in Finance, Human Resources, Senior Living Management & Luxury Brand Management
- MSc in International Hospitality Management
- Masters in Business in Hotel, Resort & Wellness Management
- Master of Arts in Entrepreneurship for the Global Hospitality & Tourism Industry
Future career prospects
Careers…Discover the International Recruitment Forum
Every campus has a career management team dedicated to providing one-on-one support to students. As creators of opportunities, each team encourages wise career decisions and tailors their service to each student’s uniqueness.
The twice-yearly International Recruitment Forum is exclusive to Swiss Education Group's schools. Held in Montreux, Switzerland, it gathers industry leaders from around the world to meet, interview and recruit students.
With up to 200 international companies selected to attend each year, the International Recruitment Forum will give access to the best career opportunities in the hospitality industry from across the globe.
You will have the chance to network, interview, participate in panel discussions, benefit from the wise words of our keynote speaker and much, much more! Attend career presentations and meet with industry representatives to be interviewed and recruited.
English language support
All courses are taught in English. English Foundation Programmes are available. Language requirements:
- Masters In Business Programs require an English language proficiency of IELTS 5.5 or TOEFL iBT 55 or equivalent
- Masters of Arts Programs require an English language proficiency of TOEFL iBT 67-74 or IELTS 6.0 or equivalent
- Post Graduate Programs require an English language proficiency of TOEFL iBT 55 or IELTS 5.5 or equivalent
- Bachelor of Arts Programs require an English language proficiency of TOEFL iBT 55 or IELTS 5.5 or OOPT 50+ or equivalent
Facilities and support arrangements
The Swiss Education Group schools all offer world class facilities for the student. From inspiring historic buildings, design led learning environments, state of the art Culinary inspirational classrooms. We offer campuses in vibrant cities, such as Luzern, On Lake Geneva in Le Bouveret to Swiss Alps locations, such as our SHMS Leysin campus with access to some of the most stunning ski locations. Breathtaking study locations suited to all!
Facilities, dependant on campus location, include full board dining options, training restaurants and state of the art kitchens, fitness room, internship & career support, counselling services, library, extensive computer labs, Apple Education equipped classrooms, high speed wireless connection throughout the schools, Student Bar / nightclub, accommodation on campus experience, with laundry, housekeeping & luggage room services
Our Academic Counselling services provide guidance to all Swiss Education Group students who are considering the next step in their education. With up to 15 different postgraduate offers (diploma and master level) offered at 5 of our Swiss campuses, this service will help current students find their perfect fit.
Fees, funding and costs
Located in the heart of Europe, Switzerland offers some of the world's most beautiful landscapes with an eclectic cultural heritage. In 2016, Switzerland was ranked the 7th safest country in the world in the Global Peace Index. For students and concerned family, Switzerland is an ideal location to combine higher education with a variety of lifestyle options. Switzerland offers an efficient network of train connections with links to major Swiss cities such as Zurich, Lucerne, Bern, Lausanne and Geneva in under three hours. There are three major international airports in Switzerland: Geneva, Zurich and Basel. Geneva and Zurich airports have their own railway stations offering regular service. For a weekend trip or school breaks, it is easy to find cheap flights to European hotspots.
Switzerland’s mountains, valleys, lakes and glaciers offer students year-round opportunities for individual and team outdoor activities. World-renowned exhibitions such as the Geneva motor show and festivals take place throughout the calendar year satisfying all cultural tastes in music from pop to jazz to classical. In short, Switzerland offers an extensive range of sporting and cultural activities.
With nearly 200 winter sports resorts across Switzerland, there are plenty of activities to keep you busy. Plus, there's always the après-ski to be enjoy afterwards
- Ice climbing
The mountainous regions are beautiful and perfect for outdoor adventures. There are many hiking and biking trails as well as:
- Mountain biking
- River rafting
- Horseback riding
For all of our campuses, accommodation & full board is included in our school fees. All accommodation is designed to offer students the comfort and privacy needed for study or to simply relax. Bedrooms are spacious, modern and comfortable; all are non-smoking. Accommodation is located in the main campus building and also in external buildings, all within walking distance. Please note that accommodation styles and services vary slightly from campus to campus
- Double Standard Room (included in the fees)
- Two single beds (double occupancy)
- Desk and office chair
- Ample wardrobe and storage space
- Shared bathroom*
* Some rooms may have private bathroom.
The following rooms have all the features of a double standard room with the additional extras/changes (which are available at an extra charge):
- Single Standard Room
- Single occupancy
- A small number of rooms have private bathroom.
- Double or Single Deluxe Room
- Private bathroom
Bed linen and towels are provided for all room categories. Towels are changed once a week by the housekeeping department. Bed linen is changed every two weeks or upon request.
A fully equipped laundry is available in all student accommodation buildings. These facilities are card operated. Cards are available to purchase at the reception.
The housekeeping department cleans rooms weekly.
A luggage room is available in the school for students to store their luggage during the internship period if required.
How to apply
We have seven intakes per year, dependant on the course and school, therefore very flexible for your study needs. To apply or for any questions you may have on your career plan and studies, please email: Nickie Gordon, SEG Head of Admissions UK
- Social media accounts