- Postgraduate Diploma Recognised Bachelor’s degree or at least three years of work experience in a supervisory position in any industry
- English language proficiency of IELTS 5.5 or TOEFL iBT 55
- Recommended minimum age of 21 years
- Applicants may take the Oxford Online Placement Test (OOPT) free of charge.
- Please contact the admissions office to find out your nearest test centre. Students who do not have the required English level will be advised to join the English Foundation Programme.
Months of entry
September, October, November
Master students benefit from multiple field trips and guest speakers over the course of 2 years. Visits include tours of hotels, trips around factories, tasting outings, food festivals and harvesting, as well as clocking up over 680 hours in the kitchen.
In Partnership with Ritz Escoffier
In partnership with the Ritz Escoffier culinary school, students will spend 1 week each year studying in Paris and learning from leading culinary experts.
Course delivered by Culinary Arts Academy Switzerland.
Term 1: Essentials of Culinary Arts (11 weeks)
- Essentials of Cooking,
- Essentials of Baking, Pastry & Desserts,
- The Chef's Tool Kit
(Completion of this term only will be rewarded: Certificate of Culinary Arts Essentials)
Term 2: European Professional Cuisine (11 weeks)
- Classical European Cooking,
- Classical Desserts,
- The Professional Chef.
(Completion of this term only will be rewarded: Diploma in European Culinary Arts)
Term 3: Master Gourmet Chef (11 weeks)
- Gourmet Cuisine,
- Gourmet Dessert Creations,
- The Cutting-Edge Chef
(Completion of this term will be rewarded: Swiss Grand Diploma in Culinary Arts)
The Kitchen Experience:
Our experienced and decorated chef instructors teach culinary demostrations in front of the class to explain each technique. Students then practice the techniques learnt during the demostration with chef's guidance step by step. While kitchen is a disciplined environment, the teaching style remaines approachable and light-hearted.
Student who enroll and complete at least 2 consecutive terms will qualify for a paid full-time intership based in Switzerland or other countries. For those students who are looking for completing an intership in Swizerland, language courses may become a mandatory part of the programme in preparation of the placement.
*Minimum gross monthly salary in Switzerland: CHF 2,212
Course Fees: CHF 19,800 per 11 week term.This 3-step programe may be taken as individual building blocks of 11 weeks each or as a Swiss Grand Diploma over 33 weeks.
Other similar courses:
Swiss Grand Dimloma in Pastry and Chocolate (11 weeks short diploma course)
Diploma in Vegetarian Cuisine (22 weeks short diploma course)
Fees and funding
Up CHF 8000 scholarship opporthnities available for September, October and November 2020 enrollment.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time7.5 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Further details of qualification
33 Week-course in total, please refer to the description for more details
Course contact details
- Nickie Gordon