Applicants are expected to:
- have successfully completed the Postgraduate Certificate in Child, adolescent and family mental well-being: multidisciplinary practice;
- hold an appropriate professional qualification relevant to your chosen career;
- have at least three years’ practice experience since qualification, preferably more;
- hold a first degree, degree equivalent or evidence of other relevant post registration education/experience;
- be in a full-time or part-time post (paid or voluntary), in which you are working with children and/or families and where you have the opportunity to do individual therapy with children and adolescents.
Months of entry
On this course, you will be trained to offer therapy based on psychoanalytic and systemic approaches, in addition to some other evidence-based treatments such as CBT and Mindfulness.
In year one you will:
- study theory on assessment and engaging in therapeutic work
- attend specialist workshops on fostering and adoption/autism/infant mental health
- partake in small supervision groups
- learn how to approach research
- have fortnightly individual supervision
- attend evidence-based practice seminars including mindfulness
- be in paid or voluntary work placements where you have the opportunity to see children/adolescents for individual psychodynamic psychotherapy
In year two you will:
- study theory on the psychodynamic therapeutic approach
- attend evidence-based practice seminars including CBT and systemic approaches
- You will continue to attend specialist workshops on fostering and adoption/autism/infant mental health, partake in small supervision groups, have fortnightly individual supervision and be in paid or voluntary work placements where you have the opportunity to see children/adolescents for individual psychodynamic psychotherapy.
This is a two year Masters level course. Students may exit after one year with a Postgraduate Diploma (PgDip). Please note that students will only be qualified as a child and adolescent psychodynamic psychotherapist if they complete the full two years.
Fees and funding
Please contact us if you have any questions.
Please note that course fees will increase by 2% each year.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Katie Oliver
- +44 (0)20 8938 2213 / 2214