Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
Students wishing to register for the MA must either:
- already be enrolled on the Minster Centre Professional training and have successfully completed the first two years of professional training at the Minster Centre or previously studied psychotherapy and counselling to an equivalent standard (usually to at least Diploma in Counselling level), having studied modalities which are compatible with and will support learning in the Minster Centre Integrative approach.
- Have significant clinical experience of providing counselling and psychotherapy (at least150 hours).
- Be able to demonstrate extensive self-development activity (usually obtained through recent one to one personal therapy.)
- Must usually also have at least 20 hours of personal therapy in the year prior to admission on the course and have had at least 40 hours of personal therapy at some point prior to the course.
- Possess a first degree, or have demonstrated their capacity to study at Postgraduate Level (level 7) through successfully completing the first two years of the Minster Centre Professional Training, or be able to demonstrate the capacity to study at Postgraduate level through providing evidence of work at this standard produced through academic or professional study or other experience.
Months of entry
This is a two year modular course which follows two years of previous training, either at The Minster Centre with the Counselling Diploma or an equivalent course elsewhere. The Minster Centre prides itself in offering small study groups, personal attention and a friendly, supportive learning environment which encourages personal development. The theoretical input will include psychodynamic, humanistic, bodywork and relational thinking within a structure which contains theoretical, experiential and practice components. Students who successfully complete the MA in Integrative Psychotherapy and Counselling may go on to seek BACP accreditation and UKCP registration.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time24 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Admissions Team
- 020 7644 6240