Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
The entry requirements for this option are as follows:
- You must hold a professional qualification in counselling or psychotherapy (BACP or UKCP accredited course or equivalent)
- You must be able to demonstrate significant clinical experience, including at least one year of practice post qualification.
- You must be able to demonstrate recent self-development work, usually personal therapy, and will be required to undertake weekly one to one therapy during the course.
- If you do not have a first degree will need to demonstrate that they can produce work to MA standards, either through results in previous professional training or through equivalent training or experience.
Months of entry
This course is for qualified therapists and counsellors, who are looking for an opportunity to update or extend their knowledge, gain a higher-level qualification.
There are currently two subject options:
Advanced Clinical Practice
This option is for qualified therapists and counsellors, who are looking for an opportunity to update their knowledge, gain a higher-level qualification and reflect in-depth on their practice. Teaching will be given via seminars on theory as well as through experiential learning sessions. Students will have the opportunity to integrate new perspectives into their clinical work with ongoing in-house supervision groups. In addition, seminars on contemporary theories will be delivered by some of the leading experts in the field. The course is designed to meet the requirements of busy professionals.
This option is for qualified therapists and counsellors, who wish to undertake a training in supervision and obtain a postgraduate qualification. The course will follow the same syllabus as the Minster Centre Supervision Diploma for the first three modules with the addition of a further clinical supervision module for the PG Dip. Students registered and continuing on for the MA will attend an extra three weekends on research awareness and methods which lead to undertaking a piece of independent research, in the second year. This will be overseen by a research supervisor and supported by the course staff.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time24 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Admissions Team
- 020 7644 6240