UK entry requirements
Students should possess a UK bachelor’s degree in any subject at 2:2 or above, or equivalent qualifications.
English language requirements for applicants whose first language is not English
An English language level equivalent to IELTS 6.5 or above, with a minimum of 6.0 in each component.
Months of entry
Designed for non-computing graduates, this practical Computer Science Conversion Master’s course will teach you the fundamentals of computing and how it can be applied to the industry and wider economy, so you will graduate ready to enhance your career or change career direction into the digital technology sector.
Choose one of three pathways depending on your career ambitions of area of interest: pure computing, computing in law, or computing in business.
We are focused on your future employability and alongside your studies, you’ll have the opportunity to apply theory to the real world, by working with local and national companies, on live projects and challenges to support their needs and enrich your CV.
Why study the MSc Computer Science Conversion) at The University of Law?
- Dedicated Employability support: Computer Science-specific Careers Consultants and industry-specific resources such as Career Guides and application and interview tips to support with your job search.
- Cross-disciplinary learning environment: During your studies, you will network and share facilities with students of law, business, criminal justice and psychology, offering you the opportunity to apply your skills to a variety of different industries.
- Specialist optional modules: Our range of optional modules cover cyber security, AI and machine learning, cyber forensics and analytics, allowing you to gain the knowledge to apply for roles in your area of interest, or progress to specialist postgraduate study.
- Transferable skills: Alongside your computing knowledge, you will also develop transferable skills such as teamwork, problem solving and organisational skills.
- Award-winning Employability support: From day one to beyond graduation, you’ll have access to 1:1 support from our experienced Employability Service.
- You won’t need any specialist equipment at home, as all the software you will use is cloud-based. Our campuses will house specialist equipment that you will need, such as high-spec computers and VR headsets.
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details