The entry requirements are:
- A Bachelors degree or equivalent qualification (normally equivalent to First Class Honours or 2:1)
- An MBA or a Master's Degree (grade 65 or above; or overseas equivalent)
- A minimum of 6 years' full-time management experience, showing significant career progression.
Months of entry
The Blended Learning DBA is aimed at global executives seeking a high level postgraduate qualification, without putting their careers on hold. Challenging, flexible, portable and international, the Alliance Manchester Business School DBA is research in action. It offers you the opportunity to study a real business issue in depth and then immediately apply that knowledge in your working life, directly improving commercial outcomes within your organisation and beyond.
Information for international students
Candidates will be exempt from providing an English language test score if they are:
- Native English speaker from one of the following countries; OR
- In the process of completing a degree, or have graduated within the last 5 years, from one of the following countries:
Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, New Zealand, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad & Tobago, UK, USA.
If you do not meet the above criteria, you must demonstrate your English proficiency by taking one of the following tests and achieving the minimum stated score:
- IELTS: 7.0 (with a minimum of 6.0 in each component)
- TOEFL: 100 internet-based or 623 paper-based (with a minimum of 20 in each component - internet based).
- Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE): 66 (with a minimum of 51 in each component)
If you are uncertain if these exemptions apply to you, please contact the DBA Admissions team.
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Alliance Manchester Business School
- +44 (0)161 306 6600
- +44 (0)161 275 6596