Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
The programme is a conversion degree suitable for students without a significant academic background in the field of finance. We expect applicants to possess a UK bachelor degree (or overseas equivalent) with first or upper second class honours.
In addition, good levels of numeracy and financial literacy are essential and these will be evaluated as part of the application process.
Months of entry
Successful finance practictioners require a wide range of transferable skills and subject-specific knowledge in areas such as corporate finance, financial markets and financial accounting. Our MSc comprises foundational units in finance and accounting alongside advanced units in the following areas:
- Financial management
- Financial markets
- Financial strategy
- Private equity
- Data Analysis & Statistical Techniques
- Quantitative Methods for Financial Management
A final supervised project will allow you to deepen your finance knowledge and apply your skills by analysing real-world information and addressing questions with practical implications. You will be taught by a team of academics that have several years of experience delivering course content both online and face-to-face within blended programmes. Our academics are on the cutting-edge of finance research, which informs their teaching. They regularly utilise our wide range of financial databases in their learning and teaching activities. This is a significant strength of our MSc in Financial Management.
The course will equip you with:
- A deep understanding of the tasks that financial managers and other similar finance practitioners undertake and the objectives they pursue;
- The ability to describe and interpret the functioning of financial markets;
- An understanding of why and how successful companies rely on and benefit from well-functioning financial markets;
- The skills and knowledge to analyse and synthesise complex information from corporations and financial markets, and offer solutions to challenging problems;
- The capability to search and gather relevant financial information from several sources such as companies' annual reports and financial databases;
- Flexible and relevant transferable skills that finance practitioners require in their career.
Fees and funding
Early application discount available.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time24 months
- Distance learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Alliance Manchester Business School
- +44 (0)161 306 8333