Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
We require an honours degree (minimum Upper Second) or overseas equivalent in one or the following subjects: mathematics or statistics, biological, medical, physical or computer sciences subjects, with sufficient evidence of the relevant units taken.
Months of entry
Upskill to meet the growing need for people with the skills to derive insights from health data.
Health data science is a huge growth area with the explosion in the availability of data and computational power. This online PGCert covers the full range of issues in health data science: from governance to epidemiology, from data management to statistical analysis.
Who this course is for
For the data professional who wants to add value to their team by upskilling in data knowledge, techniques and reporting by studying this flexible 100% online qualification while continuing to work and fitting this study around their work and other commitments.
Bring around a change in big health data reporting and meeting the need for more health data scientists in an increasingly data-led health environment.
What you will learn
- Bring together the technical, modelling and contextual skills to be a successful health data scientist.
- Apply these skills to real-world problems, harnessing the potential of health data.
- Understand the importance of the patient and the governance surrounding working in the healthcare environment.
- Use case studies provided by existing work and research at the Health eResearch Centre (HeRC) and focus on large and complex health datasets in environments that safeguard patient confidentiality.
Where and when you will study
This fully-online, part-time PGCert means you can study from anywhere in the world and fit it around your day-to-day life.
You will complete four taught units in 12 months and learn through a mix of interactive teaching and have plenty of opportunities to work collaboratively with your peers. You can choose to undertake single CPD units one at a time, or complete all four to receive your PGCert.
How it will benefit your career
- Design treatments and allocate resources based on analysis of health and related data.
- Report on data with more clarity and understanding and develop techniques to support your career.
- Use skills and knowledge acquired through the course in your job from day one to start advancing in your role and beyond.
- Practise applying your skills in real-life scenarios through our simulation platform, and be prepared for a range of situations.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time12 months
- Online learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Hazel Craven