We require a primary dental qualification from a recognised institution and at least two years' experience in general professional practice.
You will need to meet our computer requirements due to the online nature of much of this course.
Months of entry
Our PGDip Restorative and Aesthetic Dentistry course is aimed at dentists who want to develop skills in this area.
Developed in collaboration with healthcare education provider Healthcare Learning , this is the first blended learning postgraduate degree in the subject to be launched in the UK.
You will cover areas such as:
- Aesthetic considerations in restorative practice;
- Current techniques, materials and clinical advances in anterior and posterior aesthetics;
- Patient communication and advanced treatment planning for patients;
- Tooth replacement;
- Current clinical techniques for soft tissue management;
- Working as part of an interdisciplinary team to ensure comprehensive aesthetic restorative care to patients.
You will also gain practical experience of the following through the mandatory hands-on component of the course, which is completed during residentials in both years:
- advanced anterior/posterior restorations and aesthetics;
- clinical photography;
- complex treatment planning;
- bonding and cementation;
- indirect restorations.
Find out more about the residentials on the Healthcare Learning website .
Information for international students
Students whose first language is not English require one of the following:
- Academic IELTS test 6.5 (with no less than 6.0 in the written component and no less than 5.5 in all components);
- TOEFL test: 90 (internet-based) (Minimum: Listening 18; Writing 20; Reading 18 and Speaking 20);
- Pearson Test 59-65 (with no less than 51 in each component.
Candidates who do not meet the minimum requirements as noted above, at the time of application, will NOT be considered. Overseas candidates who hold a degree from a country officially recognised as majority English-speaking by the Home Office are not required to provide proof of English certification.
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health
- +44 (0) 161 275 5220