2.1 UK Honours degree or equivalent, or an approved combination of educational qualification and industrial experience.
Applications from candidates with academic backgrounds in Marketing, Management, and Arts and Social Science (combinations of English, History, Languages, Politics, Psychology) related disciplines (minor or major) are particularly welcomed. Other academic backgrounds are also considered, including Fashion Management, Media, Economics, Logistics, Culture and Society and other multi-disciplinary subjects that contain substantial management, marketing or social science content.
Months of entry
The programme aims to provide a fundamental understanding of the international fashion retail industry, with knowledge of international fashion retailing processes including innovation, retail marketing, fabric structures and international fashion retailing.
The programme will provide a range of intellectual, practical and transferable skills; experience of research; and a broad knowledge base of international fashion retailing.
*When you have completed the courses you should have achieved: *
- A detailed understanding of International Fashion Retail.
- Exposure to the current best practices
- Substantial interaction and involvement with experts in this field
- An MSc in International Fashion Retail.
The Course: The complete MSc course is made up of taught course units and a research dissertation project. The taught course units, assessed by a combination of coursework and examination, cover a wide range of industry-relevant subject areas:
- International Fashion Retailing
- Fabric Structures
- Research Methods
Business Process Improvement Units
- Innovation Methods- including analysing effective fashion innovation methods
- External Environment - including external opportunity analysis
- Retail Marketing- including Fashion Retail Case study analysis
Your dissertation is a chance to apply what you have learned to a focused five-month research project. Your choice of topic will be determined in consultation with your personal tutor and will develop further skills that can be applied to the real world
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- School of Materials
- 0161 3063559/0161 3063981