- A Bachelor degree in Communication, Culture Studies or similar.
- Academic IELTS: minimum score of 6.5
- TOEFL Internet based: minimum of 90
- Cambridge: CPA or CAE
Months of entry
Art, Media and Society is a renewed, fully English-taught Master's specialization within the Master's program Culture Studies. The Master’s specialization in Art, Media and Society focuses on the transformations that cultural products undergo as a result of digitalization and globalization.
In this program you will analyze how digital cultural products and artefacts critically reflect societal issues, such as the financial crisis, the rise of populism or the ‘tyranny of intimacy’ of social media. Furthermore, you will investigate the public impact of activities carried out by a range of different authors and artists.
You will use theories and analytical tools to understand what is at stake here. Central questions are:
- How can art reshape the public sphere?
- What are new dimensions of information in the current public sphere?
Information for international students
Tilburg University is known for its international orientation: students and staff from more than 100 countries currently study and work here.
We offer a number of excellent support services for international students. These include:
- Personal guidance throughout the application process
- Help in finding accommodation
- Immigration services
- Tilburg Orientation Program for newly arrived students
- Buddy system for international students
- Career Center
Fees and funding
Tilburg University provides a number of scholarships for outstanding and highly motivated international students who have been admitted to a Master’s program. You can find short descriptions of the available scholarships on our website.
Please note that the number of scholarships are limited and mainly targeted at students with an excellent academic background and grades.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Laura van Bochove