In order to be eligible for the course you will need to meet the following criteria:
- GCSE grade C or above in English, Science and Mathematics (or equivalent)
- A degree (minimum 2nd class* or equivalent) qualification. Applicants must prove that they have the required subject knowledge in order to teach the National Curriculum.
- We would encourage you to gain as much classroom experience as possible. We require all applicants to have a minimum of 10 days school experience
- Communicate clearly and accurately in spoken and written standard English
- Numeracy and Literacy Skills Tests
- ‘Fitness to Teach’ - you will be asked to complete a medical questionnaire which will be forwarded to our independent medical advisor.
- DBS - applicants will be required to complete a check with the Disclosure Barring Service (DBS). We will not offer places to those with any convictions that suggest they might pose a risk to children and young people or cast doubt on whether they have the personal qualities expected of a teacher.
Months of entry
SCITT is a school-based, full time, post-graduate teacher training programme. The Titan Primary SCITT is based in Birmingham. A SCITT course offers a distinctive form of initial teacher training as it is based in schools and run by them. For trainees, one of the most significant advantages of SCITT training is that, from day one, they are in a classroom environment, acquiring the knowledge and skills required for effective teaching.
Another key advantage of training with Titan SCITT compared to other HEI providers is the support we can offer. We recruit small numbers of trainees so we can give you personalised support based on your training needs. Due to this and the hands-on school experience, our trainees are highly employable and often end up securing jobs in our partner schools.
The Titan Primary SCITT offers a variety of school contexts in which trainee teachers will be able to develop the necessary competences to meet the challenges of teaching effectively in a primary school, now and in the future. Schools in our inner city provide an excellent learning environment for our trainee teachers to develop these competences and begin their careers as well prepared, confident and effective teachers.
The course elements are assessed by:
Reflective Evaluative Evidence Portfolio – The REEP provides an opportunity for the trainees to submit evidence that demonstrates their competence against the National College of Teaching and Leadership’s Teachers’ Standards (2012)
Development Log – Trainees keep a reflective log of their training and learning experiences throughout the course. At three points in the training year trainees self-assess against Level Descriptors linked to the Teachers’ Standards.
Subject Knowledge folder –Trainees track their subject knowledge acquisition and expertise across the year in their audits and compile a folder demonstrating their subject knowledge linked to the National Curriculum.
Written assignments and a research task presentation. Trainees will have the option to study at level 7 in order to gain Masters level credits.
Information for international students
Your qualifications must be checked by NARIC to confirm their equivalence to UK qualifications. Please contact the Titan office if you have any further questions.
Fees and funding
You can apply for:
- Tuition Fee Loan (up to 9,000),
- Maintenance Loan (Up to £5,500),
- Maintenance Grant or Special Support Grant of up to £3,354
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Sarah Hughes
- +44 (0)121 212 4567