Applicants are normally expected to have a first degree (or an equivalent qualification) in a relevant subject and/or relevant (professional) experience, preferably in dance, education or community related work.
andidates should demonstate:
- enthusiasm for dance as an artform and to develop their skills as dance artists
- appreciation of, and engagement with, the values and principles of Community Dance as a professional area of practice
- understanding of the vocational and theoretical aspects of the programme and how they sit together to develop students holistically as Community Dance practitioners
- potential to teach and lead dance in a range of community and participatory dance settings
- commitment to undertaking the programme, including independent study and work based learning opportunities alongside timetabled classes
Months of entry
This unique vocational programme is for anyone wanting to work as a dance practitioner in community settings. It supports your development as a dance artist with practical knowledge and skills, and an understanding of dance as a socially-relevant, inclusive practice.
Trinity Laban is the only institution where intensive, conservatoire-level art form training sits alongside applied study in community dance. The programme has four key strands:
- Artistic development - Progress your dance skills and artistic practice in a world-class conservatoire with first-class teachers and facilities.
- Dance leadership and teaching - Develop knowledge and skills for working with different kinds of groups. Learn from some of the UK’s leading community dance practitioners and work with Trinity Laban’s renowned Learning and Participation programme.
- Understanding community dance - Context-specific study explores the values and principles of community dance, how it happens, and its impact on individuals and communities. Learn about planning and delivering projects, and the networks and agencies that support community dance provision.
- Professional practice - Encounters with practising artists and their work - supported by our partnerships with some of the UK’s leading professional organisations - facilitates your understanding of how the profession operates, as well as providing valuable contacts and work experience.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details