Equivalent entry qualifications or professional experience may be considered for entry to the programme, subject to completing the Institution’s RPL procedures.
Months of entry
The Certificate: The Practice of Music Making is a one-year programme developed by Trinity Laban in partnership with the Open University. It offers adults with a passion for music the opportunity to develop their practical music making and performance skills.
- Designed for all instrumentalists (including non-pitched and electronic) and singers who participate in any genre of music.
- Ideally suited to those who have learned to sing, play, perform or write music without gaining a formal qualification in practical music making.
- Also ideal for those who wish to return to music making after a time away or those who make music regularly in any kind of ensemble or group.
- Delivered through distance (online) learning plus a residential learning week at Trinity Laban’s World Heritage Site home in Greenwich.
- The Certificate is available as a stand-alone programme and can count towards degree study with the Open University. It is also a compulsory part of the OU BA (Hons) Music.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details