Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
A first degree in Medicine (MBBS) or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard. Applicants must hold registration with the UK General Medical Council (GMC), or be fully registered in their home country. Applicants must a) have undertaken a research project; b) have co-authored a publication in the area of clinical neurology or neuroscience, and explicitly state that they have acquired research skills through an internship, elective placement or similar and; c) submit a written research proposal to be reviewed for their application.
If your education has not been conducted in the English language, you will be expected to demonstrate evidence of an adequate level of English proficiency.
The English language level for this programme is: Standard.
Further information can be found on our English language requirements page.Pre-Master's and Pre-sessional English
UCL Pre-Master's and Pre-sessional English courses are for international students who are aiming to study for a postgraduate degree at UCL. The courses will develop your academic English and academic skills required to succeed at postgraduate level. International Preparation Courses
Months of entry
This MSc, is aimed at doctors who are looking to further their knowledge and skills in clinical neurology. The fully interactive course provides scientific and clinical knowledge through online lectures, several opportunities of clinical case discussion, case-based learning through online forums and video conference with tutors and research supervisors. This program is delivered online and an option of mixed mode (online and face to face teaching/research) is available.
Clinical Neurology MSc by distance learning;
- Allows you to enhance the knowledge in neurology through learning from experts based at Queen Square
- Enhances the chances of getting into further education or training
- Allows cross disciplinary learning in neurology for doctors looking to sub-specialise
The Queen Square Institute of Neurology provides;
- a national resource for postgraduate training and research in neurology
- a focus on clinical and applied scientific activity
- A Postgraduate Diploma in Clinical Neurology (by Distance Learning) has been running successfully since 2012 with over 80 students based across the world
- This flexible learning programme enables you to access teaching sessions at any time in any location online
- With flexible timings, you can study this programme when it suits you
- This online programme has contact with a programme tutor and a research project supervisor based at Queen Square
Fees and funding
Please see UCL website for full information about fees and costs for this programme.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- flexible60 months
- Online learningis available for this qualification
Teaching on this course is led by experts based at Queen Square in London, a world-renowned centre for clinical neurology and neuroscience delivered;
- through online sessions using multimedia and videos, interactive graphs, case scenarios, illustrations and forums
- learning through real-world case examples is encouraged
- assessments are by multiple choice questions, essays, structured case reviews (written and online for mixed mode), tutor assessments and 10,000-word dissertation
Course contact details
- +44 (0) 20 3370 1214