This MBA course is designed for those who aspire to work in management positions.
Applicants should normally have a second class honours degree or equivalent and should normally have two years' relevant work experience. Applications are invited from graduates of any academic background.
For candidates who do not have English as their first language a satisfactory IELTS score must also be achieved, this is an IELTS score of 6.0.
Please note that individual courses may require a higher level of attainment – please check course entry requirements individually.
Months of entry
An MBA is an internationally recognised passport to a successful management career. It helps its students to consider and apply business theory to the world of work, deepening and widening their understanding of the organisation and the environment in which it operates.
Our MBA is designed to introduce you to the essential areas of business and management which will help you develop your career. Students will learn the essential components which will help them to appreciate the organisation and the environment in which it operates. Thus, the full-time MBA offered by Ulster University Business School is a broad, general management qualification covering areas such as finance, marketing, economics, strategy, leadership, organisational behaviour and operations management.
By joining the Ulster University MBA you will be joining a diverse student body who come from all over the world to study with us, and as such you will experience different cultures and ideas, and develop an international network of like-minded individuals.
Why Study at Ulster University Business School?
Ulster University Business School is well established and is ranked 7th in the UK for the impact of our research. We are also top ranked for our teaching and are one of the largest business schools in the UK.
We offer students excellent support throughout the course, both in their academic study and also in enabling them to develop as managers and leaders. Our students are invited to exclusive business events which also help to expand their knowledge and offer further networking opportunities.
The MBA is a general management programme aimed at developing management and leadership skills for graduates of any discipline.
The overall aim of the MBA course is to educate and develop individuals as managers and business specialists, adding value through an integrated, applied and critical understanding of management and organisations. This takes place in parallel with a development of transferable and intellectual skills that are essential for successful general and strategic management in both private and public sector organisations. The objectives of the MBA programme are to:
- Enable an advanced study of organisations, their leadership and management and the changing external context in which they operate;
- Stimulate the ability to analyse management problems critically, rationally and rigorously;
- Creatively and systematically apply knowledge and understanding of business and management concepts to complex issues and respond to a rapidly changing business environment;
- Comprehend and use relevant technology for application in business and management;
- Inculcate enterprise/entrepreneurship and innovation skills;
- Develop an international perspective on business issues and opportunities;
- Enhance lifelong learning skills and personal development in order to consolidate student achievements and continue their work with self-direction and/or collaboratively contributing to business and society as a whole.
The Ulster University MBA has been revised to account for current (local, regional and international) market trends and has been designed to offer students additional flexibility and opportunity to apply taught management skills. In addition, an increased focus on personal development has been integrated to the course.
Applied management skills:
Our MBA will help to develop you to become a successful manager and equip you with the knowledge and transferable skills that are required to succeed.
You will enhance your knowledge and expertise in the areas of:
- Functional management, for example, operations, quality, marketing, finance, human relations and information management.
- General management, for example organisation theory, strategy, international business, business improvement, change management and implementation, leadership, enterprise and innovation and technology transfer.
- The environmental influences on organisations including ethical, social, cultural, economic, global and technological (for example, the impact of e-business) factors.
In addition you will develop your skills in the areas of:
- Team working
- Negotiation; and
- Conflict resolution
Information for international students
English language requirements for international applicants
The minimum requirement for this course is Academic IELTS 6.0 with no band score less than 5.5. Trinity ISE: Pass at level III also meets this requirement for Tier 4 visa purposes.
Ulster recognises a number of other English language tests and comparable IELTS equivalent scores.
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Nick Read
- +44 (0)28 9036 8880