Applicants must have:
- a degree in a science subject which contains a significant element of biological sciences from a university of the United Kingdom or the Republic of Ireland, from the Council for National Academic Awards, the National Council for Educational Awards, the Higher Education and Training Awards Council, or from an institution of another country which has been recognised as being of an equivalent standard; or
- an equivalent standard (normally 50%) in a Graduate Diploma, Graduate Certificate, Postgraduate Certificate or Postgraduate Diploma or an approved alternative qualification; and
- provide evidence of competence in written and spoken English (GCSE grade C or equivalent) and for non-native English speakers, IELTS students whose first language is not English must have a minimum IELTS score of 6.0 (with no contributing band at less than 5.5) or equivalent.
- In exceptional circumstances, where an individual has substantial and significant experiential learning, a portfolio of written evidence demonstrating the meeting of graduate qualities (including subject- specific outcomes, as determined by the Course Committee) may be considered as an alternative entrance route. Evidence used to demonstrate graduate qualities may not be used for exemption against modules within the programme.
- Students should normally be employed as a biomedical scientist, trainee biomedical scientist, or equivalent in a hospital or research laboratory and should have at least two years of appropriate work experience.
Months of entry
To provide advanced education and a critical awareness of the principles of professional practice required to gain advancement and progress to management positions in both the health and other bioscience sectors. This part time distance learning course is suitable for those in full-time employment.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Admissions Office
- +44 (0)28 7012 4159