To enrol in a doctoral programme, candidates must comply with national legislation, the institutional requirements of UNL and Universidade Aberta, and meet at least one of the following conditions: Hold an MA degree or legal equivalent; hold an undergraduate degree and present a CV displaying particular scientific or educational aptitude for study of the course in question, as recognized by the Scientific Council of the FCSH/NOVA or Universidade Aberta; present a CV displaying particular scientific or educational aptitude for study of the course in question, as recognized by the Scientific Council of the FCSH/NOVA or Universidade Aberta.
Months of entry
The achievement of PhD in Languages Teaching - Multilingualism and Education for a Global Citizenship involves the acquisition of the following knowledge and skills:
- to understand and systematize theoretical knowledge in the field of language learning;
- to develop research competences in methods specific to the areas of specialization in doctoral programme;
- to conceive of, design, develop, and produce original research work in the areas of specialization;
- to develop competences for analysis of sources and documents to produce innovative content and critical arguments;
- to present publicly academic research,both ongoing and finalized,in academic and social contexts;
- to contribute to social and cultural development through the production and dissemination of work in the context of language teaching;
- to reflect on the ethical,social,and cultural implications of the language teaching profession within the context of contemporary world issues and education for citizenship;
- to apply knowledge about teaching, learning, and methodological issues to the definition, management and critical evaluation of curricular structures and pedagogical practices.
The PhD programme in Language Teaching will be taught in the mode of blended learning.
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Frederico Figueiredo