Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
Aimed at professionals and graduates involved with the health and pharmaceutical sector.
Months of entry
Entirely taught in English, the Online Postgraduate Course in Health Economics at UPF Barcelona School of Management equips you to specialize in the economics and management of health services and pharmaceuticals, and at the same time teaches you how to professionally manage the health service provisions of any administration, organization or health insurance agency, whether public or private.
This course will teach you to apply concepts, techniques and economic instruments to managing the main problems of resource allocation faced by administrations, insurance agencies and health organizations in the provision of health care.
The program is designed to complement the training of professionals with management responsibilities and graduates interested in acquiring the necessary skills to take on such responsibilities in:
- Hospitals, clinical laboratories and public and private health centres.
- Public bodies responsible for managing and/or funding pharmaceuticals and health services.
- Private insurance companies.
- Pharmaceutical companies and companies related to the distribution of pharmaceuticals.
- Pharmaceutical and health service management training centres.
- Consultancy and advisory firms related to the health sector, etc.
Information for international students
Those students who are not native english speakers will be asked at least B2 English (CEFR). Participants who have english as their native language, or have studied/work in this language will not have to present any certificates.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- UPF Barcelona School of Management
- +34 93 542 18 00